Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:55:44 -0500
From:      chuck odonnell <cao@bus.net>
To:        Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: hpijs

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 05:18:24PM +0100, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> I has been almost a month now that I have been trying to make my
> printer work under FreeBSD.  I am now seeking for a direct help, I
> am totally confused.  Basically, everything always worked perfectly,
> but the quality is not here.  Is there anyone on the list who uses
> apsfilter+hpijs to print to a Hp Deskjet printer ?

we use it here. it works like a charm, and the quality is
excellent. we print to it from FreeBSD desktops and Mac OS (shared via
netatalk). do you have any specific questions about your setup?

our info below for reference...

$ pkg_info -r apsfilter-7.2.5_1
Information for apsfilter-7.2.5_1:

Depends on:
        psutils-letter-1.17_1
        png-1.2.5
        libijs-0.34
        jpeg-6b_1
        hpijs-1.3
        ghostscript-gnu-nox11-7.05_3
        bash-2.05b.004
        a2ps-letterdj-4.13_1

from /etc/printcap (generated by /usr/local/share/apsfilter/SETUP)

 # APS1_BEGIN:printer1
 # - don't delete start label for apsfilter printer1
 # - no other printer defines between BEGIN and END LABEL
 aps1|ijs/DESKJET_990;r=600x600;q=high;c=full;p=letter;m=auto:\
    :lp=/dev/lpt0:\
    :if=/usr/local/etc/apsfilter/basedir/bin/apsfilter:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/aps1:\
    :lf=/var/spool/lpd/aps1/log:\
    :af=/var/spool/lpd/aps1/acct:\
    :mx#0:\