Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:48:06 -0800
From:      "Eric" <swive@getnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: TRIPLE BOOT--fbsd/w98/w2k

> The FreeBSD part of things will likely be the least problematic.  Do lots
> of reading at MS's web site and in Partition & Boot Magic's help files re
> booting W98 with W2K.
>
> You certainly need to find out what you're using to boot right now.  What
> does your present boot screen/menu look like?

What I was using is the one like this:

F1: ???
F2: FreeBSD

So I guess that means I was using the FBSD loader, right?

However, while I was waiting for a response to my question, I sucked down a
cold one while installing BootMagic.  BM seems to have wiped out the above
scheme.  BM has now taken over, and when I choose fbsd, i get some initial
fbsd errors like can't find kernel, etc., but then it goes ahead and boots
anyway to the correct kernel.  Go figure.