Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:24:32 -0400
From:      "Rossen Raykov" <rraykov@sageian.com>
To:        <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   restart the serwer with divert

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE like bridge.
I'm doing the following (which may be stupid or incorrect but still it have
not to restart the OS ;):

First I'm creating an alias using:
ifconfig fxp1 alias x.x.x.x netmask 0xffffffff

Second I'm enabling routing:
sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1

After that I'm starting natd using:
natd -a x.x.x.x -redirect_port pop.mail.yahoo.com:110 110

Finally I'm resetting the firewall with:
/sbin/ipfw -f flush
/sbin/ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via x.x.x.x

The result is page fault in virtual interface and system reboot!
Is that OK?

The original idea for that was to provide access for internal hosts only to
external pop server.
Does some one made something like that and how?

Sorry for my English it is not my native language,
Rossen