Date:      Fri, 07 Jun 2002 01:46:27 +0800
From:      "aaron g" <click46@operamail.com>
To:        "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK in a Jail?

Hmm, should have mentioned what I have tried already. The first thing I did was copy the ports tree over and just try a simple port install. I did not install linux_compat in the host environment and this is where I ran into problems. Many of the needed steps [notably "mknod"] are impossible to do in a jail environment.

Would rebuilding the host environment with linux_compat and then rebuilding the jail resolve my problem? I haven't tried this yet since I've already rebuilt my apache jail thrice times now.

thanks
- aarong