Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:46:27 -0300 (BRT)
From:      Paulo Fragoso <paulo@nlink.com.br>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Maildrop vs. Procmail

Hi,

We have a mail server without shell access for all users. We are thinking
to use maildrop to implement mail filters (anti-spam) but we guess there
is a security problem with maildrop for this case. We didn't found any
configure options to restrict its use, like procmail's option:

#define RESTRICT_EXEC 1000

So any user could be albe to exec some script by $HOME/.mailfilter. Are we
wrong?

Now we are restricting .qmail shell by a smrsh patched (qmail-local.c
was patched too), this way any user can exec by .qmail. We are using
procmail for two administrator, their UID are minor than 1000.

Are there any way to restrict mailfilter for our users?

Thanks,
Paulo.

--
   __O