Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 23:59:01 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bringing LPRng into FreeBSD? - License Issues

On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 09:02:27PM -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:

> > > *IFF* LPRng uses a 3-line BSD license, then I withdraw my objection to
> > > it being in the base system.
> >
> > Why do you have problems with a BSD-style license with the stipulation
> > that derived versions are marked as such?
>
> He didn't say that.

Which "he"?  If you mean the LPRng author, that is how I read his email.
How did you read it??

> I *appears* to me that he requires that each and every change in the
> sources be distinctly added to the -V message.

Can you please quote me from the LPRng's author's email where he either
said or implied that?  In his examples, simply adding "FreeBSD specific
version" or something like that is all that is required.

> I guess that means all cvs history in any of the LPRng sources must be
> listed.

> Look, it sounds stupid, but *I* didn't say it, he did.  Don't blame me
> for it.

Please quote me where.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)