Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:22:09 -0500
From:      Jeff <isando@dal.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATI Rage Mobility

I have a Gateway Solo 9300 laptop with the ATI Rage Mobility 8MB AGP video
card. This card does not appear to be supported by X at the moment. I have
tried several different approaches to get X to work, however the only thing
which has worked to date is installing RedHat 6.0 and adding VGA=792 to
lilo.conf.  Unfortunately, it is Linux.

The key to getting this card to work in X was adding VGA=792 to lilo.conf.
Without that I experienced the same problems as I did with FreeBSD-3.2 and
3.3.

Is it possible to pass this argument, VGA=792, in FreeBSD? Or is there an
equivalent I might use. Obviously there is no lilo.conf in FreeBSD, so Im a
little stumped. I would appreciate any help anyone might be able to offer.

Thanks,

Jeff