Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2000 12:29:01 -0600
From:      Mark Hummel <mhumm@ispchannel.com>
To:        FSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is the Netscape Port Broken?

I've tried to install Netscpae and Communicator several times via the
ports collection, but to no avail.  When I ftp'd the links found in the
Makefiles (I've tried more than one version), I noticed they are
different.

Is it possible the Netscape site webmaster moved them?  Anyway, I tried
to perform a manual install according to the readme files of the
versions I attempted.

Using ns-install (the automatic install program that comes with the full
download versions) everthing seemed to work as advertised, but when I
try to run Netscape, nothing happens.

What can I do to solve my challenge? Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Mark