Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 1995 10:31:39 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        bah6f@server.cs.virginia.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vat won't work (was: "multicast on ep0 device")

In message <9509060411.AA21426@viper.cs.Virginia.EDU> you write:
>vat is now a pinprick in my posterior, the others work fine.
>
>If someone has vat running succesfully on a pentium, I'd love to hear
>about the configuration and what hardware you're using.

I run vat with 'vmix' on a Gravis Ultrasound, and it works.  'vmix' sits in
between 'vat' and the audio device, and eliminates problems like the
audio-device hang you were seeing.  However, AFAIK, vmix requires a full
duplex sound card like the GUS.  Jim said he was working on a mode that would
let half-duplex sound cards work, but I don't know if he has it working yet.

  Bill