Date:      Sat, 07 Mar 1998 20:19:41 -0500
From:      Onofrio Pannunzio <onofrio@powerdigm.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD and Motorolla 56K VoiceSurfer External Modems

Hello.

We are having extreme difficulty trying to get our Motorolla 56K
VoiceSurfer external modems working under FreeBSD.

We are currently running FreeBSD 2.2.5.  It seems that FreeBSD cannot
detect the on-board serial ports no matter what settings in the BIOS we are
assigning/using.  We also tried using a 16550 UART IO Card which FreeBSD
detected, but using "CU" we still cannot communicate with the modems.

We are trying to set everything up for PPP dialups.

We'd greatly appreciate any information that will help us resolve our problem.

Thanks in advance,
Onofrio