Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:09:08 +0100 (CET)
From:      Joel Bjork <u98jobj@stud.hh.se>
To:        hawk <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cheap/free Xserver n32 for a unix-phobic administrator?

> Specifically, I need them to be able to run the copy of LyX on
> my box.  There is a windows port of LyX, but it needs an xserver,
> cignus, etc.
>
> There are two students writing jointly with me, and I need to be
> able to edit with them-and I'm not switching these documents over
> to Word . . .
>
> hawk

Well, if your windows computer has a good connection to the box with LyX
on it then VNC will work well. LyX will actually run on the FreeBSD box
but will show up on your windows machine complete with a windowmanager
and everything else you might need, think "PC anywhere" done well.

E-Mail: Joel Bjork <u98jobj@stud.hh.se>