Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 17:30:02 -0600
From:      Gary <medmanks@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Lilo and FreeBSD - triple boot help pls

Hello All,

I have 2 Hds. Hda has W2K, and I just reduced that 19 gig HD with
Partition Magic, and made another primary partition/slice for FreeBSD,
about 8.1Gb. I installed FreeBSD 4.0 Power-pack with my CD rom...
using the default automatic slice setups on that primary partition
(without its bootloader). All went well no problems. Hdb has Linux,
and I have been using the latest LILO for a boot loader seems like
forever.. I added the following to the end of my lilo.conf,

                        other = /dev/hda2
                        table = /dev/hda
                        label = bsd

fired it up again. Lilo accepted this without errors, and upon reboot,
lilo shows me BSD, but it will not boot, for some reason, BSD will not
boot, telling me I have a read error.  The other 2 OSs, are fine.

Can some one help, so I can enjoy my BSD? I have checked HOWTO's, etc,
based on what I found in this group's archives, made the changes, but
to no avail as the read error upon booting into BSD.

----entire lilo.conf-----
boot    = /dev/hda
vga     = normal
read-only
prompt
timeout = 50
lba32
message = /boot/message

  image  = /boot/vmlinuz
  label  = linux
  root   = /dev/hdb3
  initrd = /boot/initrd

  image  = /boot/vmlinuz.suse
  label  = suse
  root   = /dev/hdb3
  initrd = /boot/initrd.suse

  other  = /dev/hda1
  label  = windows

  other = /dev/hda2
  table = /dev/hda
  label = bsd

  Thanks for your help.

--

Best regards,
 Gary                          mailto:medmanks@mindspring.com

Today's thought: Some days it's just not worth chewing through the
restraints...