Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:06:46 -0600
From:      Douglas Egan <degan@calcon.net>
To:        Steven Lake <raiden@shell.core.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bind:  permission denied

What then is the solution?  Every other "ports" I installed I installed
as root, and all users could run them.

I removed/deleted sylpheed (pkg_delete) and then tried to install as a
normal user, and the installation failed.

The sylpheed executable has 555 permissions.

I thought most installations of ports were done as root, with the
understanding that all users would have access to the ports.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,

Doug