Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 1996 10:07:16 -0400
From:      ejc@nasvr1.cb.att.com
To:        julian@TFS.COM
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   DEVFS and syslogd

Hello
	I just installed DEVFS on my -current systems as of 960418 the
syslogd has a problem with it.

This is what I did:
	Added options DEVFS in my kernel.  Added a line at the end of my fstab
"dev /dev devfs rw 0 0" everything seems to work except syslogd.  When I boot
I get the error "syslogd: cannot create /dev/log: operation not supported"
Is this a known problem, did I do something wrong?  I scanned all the old email
in questions, hackers, current with devfs and did not see anything.

Any information would be helpful.

Peace, ejc