Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 17:12:45 -0700
From:      "Mark Symonds" <mark@symonds.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Fw: [Systalk]PAM question

Hello list,

NIS:

Awhile back I tried getting NIS to work with a debian linux potato
box as the server and a FreeBSD (1.3?) box as the client.  I was
easily able to get it working with another potato box here but
was unable to get FreeBSD to authenticate from linux and vice-versa.

Thought it would be kinda fun/cool to get a FreeBSD box to authenticate
from linux,  thereby allowing shell users to seamlessly switch into a different
operating system and poke around.

At the end I was left with the crypt libs not matching between
both OSes.  Tried changing the libs to no avail.

Not sure, but maybe a PAM module could do this?  Does anyone
here have any advice/good websites for PAM docs/etc.?

Please CC: me if you can as I'm no longer subscribed to this list.

Thanks much for taking the time to read this nonsense,

--
Mark