Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 19:47:13 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd@magnet.geophysik.tu-freiberg.de, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Soso, no one knows anything about SMP here.

Terry Lambert wrote:
> > many THX guys, for the responses to my problem.
> >
> > Yeah, we don't have time, a major release is about
> > to be released, ...
> >
> > BUT WE HAVE THE TIME FOR SUCH THINGS LIKE THE THREAD
> >  "THE AGE OF DARKNESS" !!!
> > again and again and again ...
> >
> > Can your americans please try to get a little
> > bit control over your feelings, a little bit ?
> >
> > and now please read the mail with the subject
> >
> > SMP Gurus please help !
>

> Would you like to, perhaps, post symptoms and a problem description?

> order to get the actual people instead of just the posers who subscribe
> to -current?

He's running the exact same motherboard (2xP5 ASUS P54NP4) as me, with the
same scsi controller (AHA 2742T).  He's got a rev-C adaptec, I've got a
rev-E.  I've got 2xP90 cpu's at 90Mhz.  He's got one P90 and one P100 and
is overclocking by running both at 100Mhz.  He's got more memory.  The
mptables are identical, including cpu revision and step numbers (5,2,1).
I don't know if he's running with the same SX on both cpus.

Mine works, his doesn't.  His machine runs Uniprocessor OK on the 90Mhz
cpu clocked at 100Mhz.

Cheers,
-Peter