Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 1998 13:43:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Obi Wan Oblivion <vdk@chaosphere.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Learning the ins & outs of FreeBSD

Sorry to clutter what may be an off topic list.  I am looking for
information about OS programming, specifically FreeBSD.  I have
experience with C and have begun to take the masochistic approach to
learning about the inner workings of FreeBSD by reading snippets of code
from /usr/src,  but there has got to be a more thorough, if not easier,
approach.

My main goal is to learn more about the operating system at it's
lowest levels, and to learn to appreciate fully the oft-spoken mantra
"Never trust an operating system you don't have the source code for."

I'd also like to get involved in the FreeBSD development effort once I
actually know what I am doing.

Any suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks!

-Jeff

"In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with
reality at any point."
                -- Friedrich Nietzsche