Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 1996 14:22:53 +0100 (MET)
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        obrien@nuxi.com
Subject:   http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/src/bsd/imports/chinese/

Ports People,
(CC David O'Brien),

If you are among the 99% of readers not interested in spending time porting
chinese software : delete this article, you'll miss nothing :-)

			--------	----------

I recently uploaded 5M of chinese software in response to the article below,
having got it there (laboriously over 14K modem), it's in
	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/src/bsd/imports/chinese/
just in case anyone else wants to look, apart from David.

It's _Not_ code ready to commit.  It's just a frozen old tree,
for chinese porting enthusiasts only.
Its main use maybe notes of where to get new generic versions from.

David had already produced cxtern & celvis ports.
I plan to progressively delete my stuff, as ports appear.

Ref.:
> From: "David E. O'Brien" <obrien@Nuxi.cs.ucdavis.edu>
> Subject: Re: chinese
> To: jhs@FreeBSD.ORG
> Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 23:01:01 -0700 (PDT)
> Cc: ports@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> > To whoever was doing the new chinese/ ports ....
>
> That would be me (obrien@nuxi.com).
>
> > I ported some things to compile on freebsd years ago, & looked at but
> > didnt port a few other things, it's all heaped in a chinese/ directory
> > on my home system,
>
> Yes I want them.  :-)
>
> Looking at your list, there are several that I intended to lookat in the
> next month.   I have a Chinese friend that checks my work to make sure it
> works properly, so language isn't a problem.
>
> -- David    (obrien@nuxi.com)

`ls' of top dir:
  0_UPLOAD                ctalk-8bit.clean/       kanji/
  HZ-2.0/                 cxterm/                 kanji.kore/
  Indexes.cs.purdue.edu/  emacs/                  mepy4cxterm/
  Makefile                et2hku/                 postnews.911031
  README.JHS              faq/                    zwdos/
  catalogue.ifcss.org     gb2ps/
  cnprint/                hztty/

Julian
---