Date:      Thu, 19 May 2005 13:13:43 +0800
From:      Xu Qiang <Qiang.Xu@fujixerox.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Subject:   RE: The availability of socketbits.h?

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> One patch file for the entire source tree of each package would be
> even better, but anyway...

Yes, but to this software, there are two kind of patches (of you, and Dan N=
elson, respectively) that both works independently, so...  :)
 =

> The manpage of gcc is severely out of date.  The GNU folks prefer
> Texinfo for their documentation since a long time ago.  Just ignore
> the manpage of gcc(1).  IMHO, it provides absolutely no useful
> information anymore :-(

So, would you point me to the place of GCC usage of the option -std? Even g=
oogle failed to find it. :(

> My "patch" is incorrect.  Use Dan's changes :-)

Dan's sure is correct. But your fix also works well, after I changed the co=
mmand.c file. It would not work if we only patch the command_list.h hearder=
. =

> An example could be:
> =

> 	# cd /tmp/nngs/directory/of/file/
> 	# patch -p0 < /tmp/dan_nelson.diff

Thanks for this detailed explanation and example, hoho, the example is bett=
er for such a lazy bone as I. :)

A side note: =

After the server is running, I used Jago (http://www.rene-grothmann.de/jago=
/) as a client tool to connect to the server. The experiment shows that the=
 server-client interaction works fine. Strongly recommend this go client so=
ftware by Rene Grothmann, which is also an open-source software (But not GN=
U).

Regards,
Xu Qiang