Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:14:09 -0500
From:      "Don  Tansey" <hyghlander@mindspring.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   PCMLM56

So far, I still haven't gotten this puppy to run.

the pccard.conf file of:

#This is the Linksys card I have, with the fat holder.
#This is a speculative attempt to make it function as a modem.
#Of no use to me, but perhaps to Mr. Tansey.

    card "Linksys""EtherFast 10&100 + 56K PCCARD (PCMLM56)"
                config 0x3 "sio"3

(Courtesy of The Babbler)

results in:

sio4 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq3 slot1 on pccard1 sio4 type16550A.

Sean O'Connell was kind enough to add:

It (e.g. the /dev entry for the PPP script) wants cuaa4 which you have to
make ... (cd /dev; sh MAKEDEV cuaa4)

With that entry in the PPP script the machine hangs when I attempt to dial
out. (With the PCCARD icon on
the machines LCD Display. Fujitsu Lifebook)

The message log reveals the following (repeated 3times)

Connection attempt to UDP 127.0.0.1:53 from 127.0.0.1 :1028

The PPP script is the sample provided with 4.0, the only changes were the
above cuaa4 and the
ISP specific information.  The box is totally locked up - no keyboard or
mouse. Strangely the only
thing that still works is the apm.  I can put it to sleep and wake it up
just fine.

Has anyone ever gotten the modem side of this card to work?

At this point I'm tempted to either get another card (my third) or convert
the box to Linux.

Thanks Y'all

--Beware the fury of a patient man.