Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 07:54:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nick Johnson <freebsd@spatula.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0r pccard device fails probe on Toshiba Tecra 8k

Greetings,

I'm wondering if anyone has managed to get the pccard device to be
recognized correctly with 4.0-release.  I have the following in my kernel
config:

device		card
device		pcic0	at isa?
device		pcic1	at isa?

The two pcic devices are probed and configured, but the pccard silently
fails to probe (no errors or other information at bootup, even with boot
-v and options DIAGNOSTIC).

This is with 4.0-release (after it was re-rolled) on a Toshiba Tecra
8000.  The same failure happens with or without a card in the
slot.  pccardd won't run, naturally, since any attempts to muck with
/dev/card0 return a "Device not configured" message.

If anyone has insight or a kernel config to try, please drop me a line.

--
"Why do so many people concern themselves so much with the private
 affairs of complete strangers?"