Date:      Fri,  2 Jun 2000 14:13:25 -0700
From:      lures@mozcom.com
To:        whyse_mann@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: RE: FreeBSD 4.0 & PCI PNP 56K INTERNAL MODEMS

The FBSD Handbook is useless. It is sooo out of date all it does
is confuse the reader who is trying to compair it to what the
Complete FreeBSD book says. You can stay away from the handbook
and not miss it.
FBSD 4.0 now has new probe routines that can identify PCI/PNP
internal modems and an rewritten User PPP environment. You must
wait for the 4th edition of the complete FreeBSD book for details.

The only pointers I can give you is to read the FBSD version
4.0 man pages for User PPP and mknod.

mknod will allow you to assign the PNP moden by bios device and
func numbers to the serial port cuaa0.
mknod cuaa0 c 18 0  as per org post

I am still trying to get all of it  to work together. If you
get a working solution please post to this subject line for others
to see.

Joe