Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:22:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Daniel K Fry <daniel.fry@unh.edu>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Subject:   RE: Accton EN2216 PCMCIA

Daniel,

My pccard.conf for the Accton 2216 is thus:

#Accton 2216
 card "ACCTON" "EN2216-PCMCIA-ETHERNET"
         config 0x20 "ed0" 10
         insert echo Accton 2216 inserted
         insert /etc/pccard_ether ed0
         remove echo Accton 2216 removed
         remove /sbin/ifconfig ed0 delete

Works like a dream!  This is *without* PAO; stock FreeBSD 2.2.5.

I use the ed0 because (1) it works, (2) it seems to be better supported.

Nate has put this into -current, and maybe we can get it into -release and
-stable.

Patrick