Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 00:49:19 +0900
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org, nate@yogotech.com, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Call for review: restart pccardd by SIGHUP

> : What kind of driver interface to be provided?
> : # device file read/ioctl, or sysctl?
>
> What kind of interface do you want?  I was thinking ioctl, but could

Maybe ioctl would be enough.

> go sysctl.  I can give you either a list of all resources in use of a
> given type in a given range, or I can act as an oracle and say "yes
> this range you want to use is already in use" or "no, that's a good
> range."  I suspect that the latter would be easier than the former and
> just as useful.

I think the former would be easier because, user specify available
range roughly, and pccardd will correct it eliminating all of
resources in use from resource pool, "Please tell me all of used
addres range from 0x240 to 0x3ff. My master said that this range is
all available but I don't think so...  Oh, 0x300-0x31f is already in
use, OK, I'll desable this range for pccard, Thanks!".