Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:30:05 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "James Lim" <jameslpin@pacific.net.sg>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Netcraft

James Lim <jameslpin@pacific.net.sg> types:
> If i am not wrong..as i have read somewhere before..
> that problem occurs arnd older version of Linux

In that case, here's a SWAG: Netcraft's method of reading uptime from
FreeBSD is the same as they use for Linux, the "configuration" change
is to install linux emulation, and the bug of rolling over every 497
days is inherited from Linux.

And I'll be *very* surprised if this is really the case - but someone
might investigate it.

	<mike