Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 07:53:37 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: configuring the resolver

* Roger Wilco <freebsd@m2mtechnology.com> [20001208 07:50]: writing on the subject 'configuring the resolver'
=>I just installed FreeBSD 4.2 and I can't get it to use the correct name
=>server. I created the file /etc/resolve.conf and put my domain and name
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If your file is really called RESOLVE.CONF then that is where the problem
is. The filename is "resolv.conf" - note there is no "e" after the V.

=>server's address in it, but when I do anything that involves a DNS lookup it
=>queries the local machine. What am I missing? This is a dumb question that I
=>should know the answer to but it has always worked out of the box for every
=>other installation I have done.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

Vanity, definitely my favorite sin. -John Milton (Al Pacino), "The Devil's
Advocate"