Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 1997 16:12:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: card removal problems

On Sun, 2 Nov 1997, Guido van Rooij wrote:

>Just like with the PAO release I experience problems when removing a card from
>a slot. Sometimes this results in a total lockup of the system, while
>it keeps beeping.

When I first tried Nate's new patches, it worked great.  When I put my
3C589D on the network, it would wedge in this same manner -- usually
beeping steadily until I powered the TP560 down.  So I agree that there
are still problems out there...

I just cvsupped the -stable tree, I was running a rogue version of NateBSD
just prior to his mega-pccard commit.  I've also grabbed the latest pccard
patch that came across -mobile, I haven't had a chance to test it with my
ethernet card.  I may run into the office tonight and give it a go and see
what happens.

Not that this answers anything, just another data point....

Brian