Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2001 00:24:45 +0100
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        mpd <mpd6334@cs.rit.edu>
Cc:        Phil Webb <philwebb@piperain.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mutt setup

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 06:05:25PM -0500, mpd was heard saying:

> > 2) Is it possible for me to "call" vi as my editor of choice rather than use
> > the Emacs-style editor built into mutt?  I have no "religious"  bias against
> > Emacs, I am just sticking to the fewest possible variables on the learning
> > curve at any one time and am learning vi for portabilities sake.
>
> The EDITOR env variable (or VISUAL, or something.)

Yes, that works. However, if you want to override what you have set in your
environment, so that mutt used something else, you can put a line like "set
editor="vim" into your .muttrc.

Greetings
Nils

--
Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany