Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2007 22:47:45 +0000
From:      John Murphy <freebsd001@freeode.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        pushu@excite.com
Subject:   Re: Kernel compile problems

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:23:41 -0500 (EST)
"O-ren-ishi-i" <pushu@excite.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I use this kernel config file (follows below): syntactical the
> configuration appears ok.I get no errors here.
> When compiling the kernel I get errors as soon as the modules are
> being build.
> I then tried /etc/make.conf (adding this line as zlib.ko is the
> first module that makes problems)
>  WITHOUT_MODULES = zlib
>
> I don't find the error.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ryan
>
> I am running FreeBSD 6.2-Release i386 SMP ( on Athlon 64 X2 4600+

Hi Ryan

You have a line in your kernel config:

device		umass		# Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da

But scbus and da are commented out.

I'm not sure it will entirely cure the problem. Also it's advisable
to call a modified kernel something other than GENERIC and change
the ident line accordingly.

Follow up with the errors you get if it still won't build.

--
Thanks, John.