Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 19:58:38 -0500
From:      Jeff <isando@dal.net>
To:        Terry Warner <keerf@www.netlabs.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATI Rage Mobility

Terry:

It was a sound idea, however it did not work. I suspect that adding vga=792
initializes the video card in Linux at boot time. It may very well be a
kernel difference between FreeBSD and Linux that allows it to work in
Linux. If it runs in X on one platform, it seems it should run on all
platforms, though. Well back to the drawing board. Thanks though!

Jeff