Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 2015 07:40:39 -0500
From:      Burton Sampley <bsmply@gmail.com>
To:        Terje Elde <terje@elde.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to access a FTDI usb device with a custom vendor and product id's

Thank you for the suggestion ; I already knew about this option, but have
intentionally chosen not to use it.  Once the VIP/PID is changed, it will
no longer work with the Windows app that came with the cable to program the
radio (Yaesu FT-897d).  When I choose to sell the radio, then I want to be
able to sell this cable/software with the radio.  I also have a laptop
(infected with Windows 7) which I use when I take the radio out for "Field
Day" every June.  I know I can change the FTDI chip back to it's original
configuration, but I am assuming there is a limit to the number of times it
can be changed.

Regards,

-Burton

--
Your mind is like a parachute, it works much better when it is open.