Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 09:19:24 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr, jcwells@u.washington.edu
Cc:        dovydas@kada.lt, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WordPerfect

On Friday, 18 December 1998 at  9:45:54 +0100, Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Dovydas Kulvinskas wrote:
>>
>>> I just downloaded WordPerfect for Linux. But i can't install it using
>>> Runme script? Unknown elf binary & etc. How you just installed irt
> under
>>> 2.2.8?
>>
>> There is some branding command that you have to do. I don't recall it
>> myself.
>
> May I infer that you don't have to "brandelf" when you run 3.0 ?
> (I've d'led WP8 but it's not yet installed - on a 3.0-Post Release)

There's been a certain amount of confusion in this thread.  Let me
summarize:

- You *don't* need to run brandelf.  At least, I didn't, and I haven't
  heard of anybody who needed to.

- You *do* need a relatively new version of linux_lib.  I had an old
  version, and though the install worked fine, the binary just
  SIGSEGVd.  I tried brandelf at this point, but it didn't make any
  difference (as you'd expect, since I hadn't run brandelf on the
  installation programs).

Greg