Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 21:14:02 -0600
From:      dannyman <dannyman@sasquatch.dannyland.org>
To:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A reminder of toxic -current

On Wed, Mar 18, 1998 at 10:07:57PM -0500, John S. Dyson wrote:
> John S. Dyson said:
> >
> > If -current works for you, I am still concerned.  I would be misleading you
> > and others if I stated otherwise!!!  I really do care about people getting
> > messed up filesystems!!!

> Following up on my own posting:  Maybe I am not being strong enough in
> my suggestion:  Please do not use the -current kernel unless you know
> that the consequences will be that you will likely loose filesystem(s).
>
> Karl is trying to help with testing and advice, and unless you want to
> participate in trying to narrow down the problem, please don't use
> -current until we figure out what is going on.

John:

I am aware of the consequences, but to be honest, I don't know how to "revert"
or anything.  Some cvsup option that'll reverse the code on my system?

I've backed a few things up, I'll back some more up.  I'm happy to "ride out
the storm" as it were, especially since things have been fine so far.  I am
happy to share system information if it will help any.

-dan

--
  //Dan   -=-     This message brought to you by djhoward@uiuc.edu    -=-
\\/yori   -=-    Information - http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/djhoward/   -=-