Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 1998 20:39:55 PDT
From:      "Jane Frodo" <jfrodo42@hotmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG

Hi again all you gurus :)

     I spent today fighting (and losing <g>) to "popper".

     I have enabled it in inetd.conf, and it operates if I telnet to it,
recognizing accounts and passwords correctly, etc., but it
*always* reports no mail (0 octets).  There are no error messages
in /var/messages, and I've set the permissions on /var and
/var/mail to mode 777 just in case that was the problem
(it wasn't).

     Does anyone know what I've forgotten?

Thanks ever so much!

Jane.