Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:56:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      radhika sinha <radsinha@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   urgent question regarding IP-in-IP encapsulation

Hi,

I have a question regarding Ip-in-IP encapsulation in
freeBSD. In my implementation, I want a multicast
router to encapsulate multicast packets destined for
certain groups with an extra IP header before
forwarding them out. I am giving below some of the
code:

if(IN_MULTICAST(ntohl(ip->ip_dst.s_addr)))
{
   struct in_multi *inm;
    if(ip_mrouter){
    1) Check if the destination address belongs to the
        group of packets that need to be encapsulated
    2)calls my encapsulation function which returns an
       MBUF with the extra header
    3)The encapsulated packet is then sent to
       ip_mforward
}

For some reason this does not seem to be working
correctly, I would appreciate if someone can point out
the mistake I am making here.

Thanks a lot,
Radhika