Date:      Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:45:06 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Rob Mason" <rob@bsdbox.homeunix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice 2.0 under Gnome 2.12.1

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:00:35 -0600, Rob Mason <rob@bsdbox.homeunix.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've just completed a fresh install of FBSD-6.0, have cvsup'd ports, and
> have installed 2.12.1.  Everything works fine.  I've just attempted to
> download the OpenOffice 2.0 (FBSD 6.0 version) binary from
> http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/ and run a 'pkg_add' against the tbz
> file.  It appears to have worked, but the binary won't run - it gives
> quite a screenful of Gtk errors and hangs (if I run it from a shell).

We can't read your mind to know what kind of errors you are seeing. Show
us!

> Has anyone successfully got OpenOffice 2.0 running with FBSD-6.0 and
> Gnome 2.12???

You might want to check if OpenOffice is built with GNOME 2.10.x or
2.12.x. You need to ask whomever built those packages. If OpenOffice built
with GNOME 2.10, then I don't think it will run in new ports stuff like
GTK 2.8.x, GNOME 2.12.x and etc.

Cheers,
Mezz

--