Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 08:31:42 -0700
From:      "Thomas D. Dean" <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: COME SEE THE HOTTEST SITES ON THE WEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, etc.

This is somewhat off the subject, but, is impacting us.

I see an increase of postings of "sex-vertisements" and other
advertisements from various sources.  The above "sex-vertisement"
appeared on comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.announce.  I seem to be
receiving an increasing amount of advertisement e-mail addressed to
me.  Sometimes, I receive 10 copies of the same message, daily.
Most of these seem to come from <someone>@savetrees.com.

Most of these mail messages originators seem to be able to hide their
ID well enough that I cannot send a reply.

I have tried replying to "webmaster@<whatever>" and "root@<whatever"
in an attempt to get someone to stop this, but, many times,
that mail is returned as undeliverable.

Looking at the source of mail thru savetrees.com, there is a
reply address, abuse@savetrees.com.  I get an automated response from
there.  But, it may do some good to ping them?

Is there any way to determine a proper address to reply to these
unsolicited and sometimes offensive messages?