Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 11:03:39 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD hackers list <FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CAP/netatalk on FreeBSD: summary

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Wilko Bulte wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > This compiles right out of the box, no tweaking required. After approx
> > 20 minutes I had both file and printersharing working. Although I think
> > CAP would also have worked on 2.1.5R (I nearly had printersharing working,
> > probably filesharing would also have worked) I do recommend getting netatalk
> > even when it means upgrading your FreeBSD version first.
> >

> WARNING however..
> it does NOT work yet with -current
> something is broken with multicast..

(other than the etherexpress pro10 I was trying to use!)

> I'll get to it some time soon.

How soon is it likely to be working? I have two SMP machines which need to
speak in apple somehow, and I'd rather not touch CAP again, ever.

If you/others won't be working on this soon then I'll be forced to meddle
with it again. Which is it that's broken though: -current or netatalk ?
I reckon I stand more (some) chance trying to make netatalk work than
trying making current work (I have not chance with that).

> julian

Thanks.
	Steve.