Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:11:08 -0500
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
To:        "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: need help filter this stupid virus. Sendmail didnt stop this.

Or simply block everything from the pacific rim.  Although there are some
ligitimate people there :), almost ALL of the email I get from there is
SPAM.  So ...

:0
* ^Received:.*\[200.51.*
$HOME/mail/Spam

:0
* ^Received:.*\[202.*
$HOME/mail/Spam

:0
* ^Received:.*\[203.*
$HOME/mail/Spam

:0
* ^Received:.*\[210.*
$HOME/mail/Spam

:0
* ^Received:.*\[211.*
$HOME/mail/Spam

:0
* ^Received:.*\[61.13.*
$HOME/mail/Spam

:0
* ^.*to be removed.*
$HOME/mail/Spam

The above rules catch a small group from South America and one other :)  You
wouldn't believe the amount of Spam that simply "goes away" with this -- and
I have only sent 1 legitimate email into my spam box with these filters.
Not too bad!  To bad administrators in these areas don't get their acts
together.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net