Date:      Thu, 29 May 2003 19:11:54 -0400
From:      Rob Andrews <randrews@relinetworks.com>
To:        "Brian K. White" <brian@aljex.com>, <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: freebsd-emulation Digest, Vol 9, Issue 2

The problem comes that I am attempting to set this server up to run a halflife
game server which does require that the linux base be installed.  I've run
FreeBSD 4.4 and 4.5 with linux emulation on the machines and these problems
never occurred before.

Worse yet is the fact that even if I use the package install through
sysinstall,
the only way that the binaries for linux work correctly is if I do in fact
go through
and brandelf all of them.  This is so very confusing because I've never had
to do
this before to get a linux binary to run under freebsd.

Several other friends of mine have told me that they do not have this same
trouble
with their 4.7/8 systems.  I'm at a complete loss here.

The halflife server under linux is less than stable but manages to be rock
solid
under FreeBSD's emulation.  Another thing I don't quite understand.  Oh well.

As I said before, if anyone has a clue on why this is happening or what I
can do
to correct this problem please email me and let me know.

Thanks for the info Brian, I was beginning to think I was the only one
having this
issue.