Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:05:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Silent Secrets <silent_secrets@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Root Kits?

We've done a freash installation of FreeBSD 5.0 on our
system, downloaded a root kit checker from
www.chkrootkit.com & found that a few things were
infected.  The files include chfn, chsh, date, ls, and
ps.  We made sure the system was compleatly isolated by
installing from the cd's & burning the root kit checker
to cd & installing it from there.

If you could let me know if this is an error on the root
kit checker or something else is causing it to look
infected, that'd be great.

Thanks,
   Ron