Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:55:36 -0400
From:      pippo@bellnet.ca
To:        John Mills <john.m.mills@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Still going in circles on RELENG_4_5 -> RELENG_4_6

At 09:37 AM 10/24/2002 -0400, you wrote:

Hi John,
I just updated 2 machines to 4.7. I am not sure you (or I) completely
understand the RELENG thing, but the easiest way to upgrade is to run cvsup
with the standard-supfile and then follow the instructions in the Handbook
on Using make world - section 21.4.
It worked like a charm for me, and I am not an expert programmer or
administrator.
HTH,
PJ