Date:      Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:04:03 -0500
From:      Wayne Sprouse <wasprouse@earthlink.net>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   X-Windows

To Whom It May Concern:

   When I enter into any of the X Windows the display is very bad. I have
tried multiple this out of The Complete FreeBSD book but the display is
still bad. The problems are as follows:
1) Not all of the words or writings in a windows is displayed
2) The screen does not refresh
3) It keeps defaulting to 8 bpp at 640x480 even though when I start the X
windows I type in "startx -bpp 24 -bestRefresh
4) My video card keeps defaulting to 1 MB of memory even though I have
specified that it has 8 MB.

I have gone through the X86Config and specified my Monitors Horizontal and
Vertical refresh rates (30-70 and 50-160) and have selected my video card
and entered all the data for it (Diamond SpeedStar A50 8MB with the SiS63xx
RamDac.) Could you please help me with these problems please. I would like
that thank you in advance for all your help.

Sincerely,
Wayne Sprouse