Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:17:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike <mike@seidata.com>
To:        Lutz Rabing <LutzRab@omc.net>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fingerd exploit

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Lutz Rabing wrote:

> Has anybody heared of a fingerd exploit ?

Yes and no...  I haven't heard of a 'exploit', but I have heard
conversations about finger oddities...  namely I've overheard people
discussing 'odd behavior on the part of finger'.  I, unfortuneately,
don't have much more information.  The oddity did relate to multiple
instances of fingerd (as you report), I believe...

Do you run the vanilla finger or a variant such as secure finger?

	-mike