Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:48:20 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joshua Delong Thomas <jdt2101@ksu.edu>
To:        Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to change acd0 to /dev/cdrom like most programs want

<PossibleStupidQuestion>
That post about mounting a cd made me think of
another question.  Most
programs that I've used that utilize the cd default to /dev/cdrom as the
cdrom device.  Is there a way to make my cdrom device be /dev/cdrom0
instead of acd0?  Most of these programs are small, mp3 rippers, small cd
players with no .config or .conf file so I was just curious.
</PossibleStupidQuestion>

-Josh