Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 01:24:22 -0700
From:      "Stephen Hansen" <stephen@cerebralmaelstrom.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Configuring USB/USB-Mice

Okay, i'm confused :)

I am trying to setup a couple of USB devices on my machine, primarily a USB
mouse,
and eventually a USB keyboard.

I enabled it in a custom kernel (JEREMY -- heh. I give my computers names so
I can
remember which is which easily. *grins*), and enabled the following options
to do so:

    usb, ugen, uhid, ukbd, umass, and ums

I also enabled scbus and da as was indicated, but disabled everything else
SCSIish,
since I have no SCSI in my system.

After 'make depend', and 'make', I dropped into single-user-mode,
just-in-case, and
did a 'make install'. /kernel is now my new kernel, 600k smaller, too :)
Whee.

After rebooting, I didn't notice any info on USB in 'dmesg', but don't know
if I should
or not. I tried to type 'usbd', assumnig it would say something.. and then
tried the
moused -p /dev/usm0 -I..etc..etc..line, as was indicated in the
/def/usbd.conf, and it
said the device was not configured. I tried ./MAKEDEV all, and ./MAKEDEVing
usb, usb0, and ums0.. and still, nothing worked; rebooting, and my other
testing as
abvoe.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help!