Date:      Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:24:08 +0200
From:      Uwe Laverenz <uwe@laverenz.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Samsung X20-XVM 1600-V

Fabian Keil wrote:

> My IBM ThinkPad R51 looks quite stable, however two weeks

Btw.: Your web page was a good help when I started installing FreeBSD on
my R51. Thank you. :-) Only one point: the iwi-driver works far better
for me than ndis.

I can recommend the R51 for FreeBSD-Users, because it is almost
completely supported. The Ati-Chip supports dri/opengl with the free
drivers which was one important point for me. The flexview display
(SXGA+) is great also.

Only one thing that disturbs me: after 10/15 mins the fan starts and
almost never switches off. But this is the case with almost any new
laptop I think...

cu,
Uwe