Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:59:36 -0800
From:      "Jake Khuon" <khuon@NEEBU.Net>
To:        duanewinner@att.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Cisco Aironet MPI350: dualboot

### On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:19:03 -0500, Duane Winner <duanewinner@att.net>
### casually decided to expound upon freebsd-mobile
### <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org> the following thoughts about "Cisco Aironet
### MPI350: dualboot":

DW> But now, unfortunately, I'm in a situation where I need to configure
DW> some laptops with dualboot (XP & FreeBSD). I think what I've discovered
DW> is that while the old firmware must be used for FreeBSD/Linux, the cisco
DW> adapter won't work under XP unless the firmware is upgraded, thus I
DW> think I'm looking at a conflict of interests here.
DW> (summary: it seems that if I upgrade the firmware to the latest version,
DW> wireless in xp will work, but when I activate 'an0' in freebsd and run
DW> dhclient, my t30 seizes. Conversely, if i downgrade the firmware,
DW> freebsd works, but then XP can't negotiate a dhcp address.)

I'm running the older firmware (5.00.01) on my card.  In order to make it
work in Windows, you need to install NDIS driver version 2.2.2 instead of
the newer Windows NDIS drivers.  You should then be able to dual-boot fine.

Here's the procedure I used:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2003-December/002525.html

--
 | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | --------------- |