Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:54:33 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        patrick.oonk@pine.nl
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP] PHP mega-commit

--Boundary-02=_tIT/AsgY3T3uyF1

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 16:34, Patrick Oonk wrote:
> Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 July 2004 16:05, Patrick Oonk wrote:
> >>Then I try a 'portinstall /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions'.
> >>
> >># portinstall /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions
> >>** No such installed package nor such port called
> >>'/usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions' is found.
> >
> > You need to rebuild your INDEX first.
>
> Ok, but why? It's the first time in 10 years I have to do this
> on a box :)

The INDEX distributed by cvsup has always lagged behind ports up to a week =
or=20
two - if that never bit in conjunction with portinstall, you have been=20
lucky :).

Since recently, it is not being automatically updated via cvsup anymore at =
all=20
(starting in May, IIRC). You can either build it with make index/portsdb -U=
=20
(directly after cvsup is a good time to do it), or fetch a pre-built INDEX=
=20
(which might lag behind the actual ports-tree as it used to before though)=
=20
with make fetchindex.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org