Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 15:28:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        SIMON MENDOZA <s.v.mendoza@usa.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Docs on config. IP in a FBSD box through NT lan

> Sorry if this question sounds dull to many of you but I am configuring
> a FBSD box in a LAN enviroment on mostly win95 machines, this LAN has
> Internet output through a router and I have two DNS addresses.
>  Where do I find the necessary docs (because I could not find it in
> either the handbook or the FAQ files) to go through the proccess of
> configuring it?

You can do this through sysinstall's Configuration -> Network ->
Interfaces dialog.

Or:

1.  Edit /etc/rc.conf to configure the IP address and netmask.
2.  Edit /etc/resolv.conf to configure the nameserver:

search yourdomain.com
nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
nameserver yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

>  Have I missed any chapter which relates to this topic? and if so
> would you pointed out so I can have a look at it? if so, I'm terribly
> sorry I missed it, if not would any of you have an idea of which
> related topics in this list I should lookup to?

You might purchase The Complete FreeBSD from Walnut Creek.